Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Oh, Happy Day!

Hello to all my dear aspiring netpreneur friends,

I hope you’re all progressing well with your IM projects. As for my projects, most are family projects since the four of us (Mom, Dad, I, and my brother) are now learning IM together. I am happy to learn that our web hosting account has just been created. From this point onwards, we can take further steps to actually launch our own web!

Work is still in progress. But, don’t worry. I’ll launch the web right here on my blog as soon as it is fully ready. You’ll be among those first persons to visit the web. I will still have to wait for the payment gateway validation, etc. So, it’ll take some time.

Well, that’s one of the things that had made my day. Another thing is a surprise visit to my blog from one of my IM gurus! I logged into my blog yesterday and found that few people have added comments. I checked them out immediately and I was very excited to see that Andy Hun kindly visited and added comments! (Hi, Andy! Thanks for dropping by!) It’s really nice to keep in touch with fellow netpreneurs, especially with your own guru. He..He..

To those who might have read my previous article, I mentioned that I first learned IM from a video tutorial made by Terence Tan and Andy Hun. Well, it’s true. I first watched the video in January 2007 and I really had no idea where to start. But then I watched the video again and again until I came to a point where I decided to try at least one of the things taught in it. This blog of mine is actually set while I’m watching the video tutorial on another window! Everything was set according to the tutorial. After that, I have tried to learn from other learning resources, as well as to enhance my skills.

What I’ve learned so far (and this can also be a great tip to those who are still don’t know where to start) is to take action! Whatever materials you’ve been struggling with (video tutorials, workbooks, newsletters, etc), you have to practice it as soon as you read or watch them. Don’t get carried on with the readings. You don’t need to finish all the readings then start practicing. You also don’t need to practice the materials in sequence. Just practice the things that you feel that you can execute at that very moment then let yourself progress from that point. The more your practice, the more you will understand. To tell you the truth, I didn’t even know how to blog at first. But, then I understand it more and more after I practice it.

I hope the tip will be useful for you. It’s an old tip, but it lasts for a reason: it WORKS!

G’luck! I’ll be waiting for the news on your progress..To our success!!

2 comments:

Andy Hun said...

Hi Olly,

Glad I played some small part in making your day. But I'm nowhere a guru yet. :)

We are just happy to make things easier for you to follow.

Cheers,
Andy

Olly said...

Yup! You did make things easier for me to follow..You shed a ray of light at the end of the tunnel..hehe..Now, after a few months of learning from you and the others, I've started to see the big picture..All I need to do now is to keep learning, progressing, and be persistent..Thx, Andy! ;-D

Design | Elque 2007