Friday, March 16, 2007

Mind Your Attitude

My dear netpreneur friends,
I recently found that internet marketing (IM) world is not all about online interaction. Most of the interactions are being done online, that is true. But, do not forget that it is also critical to have an offline interaction, either networking between fellow netpreneurs or communicating with our clients and customers.
Even though internet has made a revolution on how human beings interact with each other, it will never change the true need and value of actual human interaction which we do in our offline world each and every day. Therefore, it is prominent to mind your attitude in a positive way online and offline.
Doing an IM business does not mean that you can do all of the things on your own. You still need other people, no matter they are also involved in IM business or simply customers. If you build a website, you need traffic and traffic means other people, right? If you feel you cannot make a good content, or sales copy, most probably you will outsource it to other people. If you do not have the tools like auto responder, etc, you will need to buy it from other netpreneur. If you do not know how to use the auto responder, you will have the need to ask questions or even coaching from other netpreneur. The lists go on...
What I am trying to say here is that we need to be polite to everyone offline and online. Fellow netpreneurs whom with you interact may probably be really successful in the future, right? If you build friendship with them, then you will have the privilege to learn from them as well, as long as you mind your attitude towards them during the friendship (read: always be polite to them). The same thing goes to you. You also can be extremely successful one day. That is not merely a dream. That dream can really come true, if relentless effort is involved PLUS a positive attitude is attached.
As a newbie in IM business, I have received so many offers, invitations, etc to attend IM events through e-mails, text messages (SMS) or even phone calls. Sometimes I can attend, sometimes not. Sometimes I am interested, sometimes not. Regardless of all that, I maintain a positive attitude towards those fellow netpreneurs who sent me their seminar or IM invitations, promotions, etc. Why? It is because I truly cherish and respect the value of having good relationship with other netpreneurs. Even if I am not interested or cannot attend events, I still reply and say thank you. This is because I appreciate the goodwill of my friends to share information with me.
A senior netpreneur once said that IM business is not for everybody. It is not a "one size fits all" thing. It is only suitable for those who have big dreams, real efforts, and most importantly positive attitude. Another senior netpreneur said that statistically only 5% of those involved in IM will succeed. So, now you decide. Do you want to be among that 5% of netpreneurs?
Yesterday, I shared info through text messages to fellow netpreneurs about some seminars. Personally, I viewed that those seminars' topics are interesting and useful. That's why I wanted to share the info in the first place. To my surprise, someone replied and actually used the B***S**T word. Well, it is a pity to learn the fact there is one of my fellow netpreneurs who does not have a positive attitude. No matter how impolite he replied, I still managed to say thank you for his "kind" reply and wish him good luck. :-)
My message of the day: please mind your attitude and keep it positive!
Good Luck!

1 comment:

Alvin Yudistira said...

I proud on you have positive mind attitude. Learn from the best, do the best, be the best.

Design | Elque 2007